Are Retractable Awnings Worth It?
Depending on your needs, investing in a retractable awning can be a smart investment. Not only can a retractable awning add an element of style to your home that makes it stand out among the rest, but it can also provide you and your guests with shade while enjoying the outdoors. Here are a few additional reasons why buying a retractable awning is worth it.
5 Benefits of a Retractable Awning
Consider the following beneficial factors when deciding whether to get a retractable awning.
- Protection from the sun – The Florida sun can be harsh and unforgiving. A professionally installed retractable awning will provide relief from the sun’s intense heat and protection from its harmful UV rays, allowing you to enjoy outdoor spaces without worrying about sunburns or heat stroke.
- Outdoor furniture protection – Despite outdoor furniture being made to sustain outdoor conditions, harsh sunlight will eventually wear away the fabric and cause the furniture to discolor and break down. A retractable awnings can extend your furniture’s lifespan by keeping it safe from fading and shielding it from the sun’s bleaching rays.
- Appealing outdoor aesthetic – If you have an exposed backyard or outdoor patio space, a retractable awning can greatly enhance your comfort while improving the look and value of your home by adding desirable style and curb appeal.
- Energy savings – By shading windows and doors, retractable awnings keep UV rays from entering your home and raising your indoor temperature. As a result, a retractable awning can help your home maintain a stable temperature, reduce your cooling costs, and save you money on monthly utility bills.
- Flexibility and versatility – Retractable awnings are designed to retract or extend as needed during different weather conditions. Such convenience allows retractable awnings to last longer than other awning types because they are not in use 24/7. However, maintaining and taking care of your retractable awning will also help it last longer. For example, it is especially important to retract it on a rainy or stormy day when heavy winds can lift its fabric and damage its retractable arms.
While a retractable awning offers a variety of benefits and is worth the investment, it can be more expensive than a fixed or manual awning and may require occasional maintenance. Therefore, it’s best to consult with the awning professionals at Universal Awning to determine if a retractable awnings is a worthwhile investment for you.
Find the Perfect Retractable Awning at Universal Awning
Universal Awning & Sign is Central Florida’s premier custom awning and sign manufacturers and installers. Our affordable and durable retractable awnings are built to last in Florida’s harsh environment and will perform at a high level for years to come. We offer awnings in a variety of designs, colors, and materials, allowing you to choose one that complements your home or business and personal taste. To learn more about our retractable awnings and installation services, call us today at 407-328-7781.