The Advantages of an Outdoor Restaurant Awning
One of the benefits of living in Florida is the warm weather and sunshine all year long. While the rest of the country is huddled indoors with the heaters on, we barely have to throw on a sweatshirt to go outside. This makes Florida an ideal place for outdoor dining. Restaurants here don’t have to worry about investing in an outdoor dining space that can only be used a few months out of the year. But, if you expect patrons to sit outside in Florida during the summer, you must offer covered seating.
Here are some of the many benefits an outdoor dining space with a restaurant awning can bring to your establishment:
- Shady seating – Nobody is going to want to sit outside for a meal from May through November unless you have covered seating. But it is hard to beat a nice, shady spot outside on a hot day. Keep your diners (and their food) out of the sun with a large awning or canopy.
- Curb appeal – Make your restaurant more visually appealing with an outdoor dining space covered by a canopy. It gives you the opportunity to show your style and make customers more likely to be attracted to your establishment.
- Enjoy the outdoors – A covered patio area allows you to take advantage of all the space on your property. If you have a good outdoor dining spot, why not give your customers the opportunity to have a lovely dining experience outside.
- Walkup customers – People just looking for a shady area to sit down and refresh themselves could end up becoming your customers if you have an inviting patio with a canopy. This is a great way to see a little bump in the number of clients you serve, especially in the summer months.
- Increase dining capacity – An outdoor dining space physically allows you to serve more guests by increasing the number of available tables at your restaurant.
- Attract different types of diners – A lot of people prefer an outdoor eating experience. On a nice evening, they could even decide where to go based on the opportunity to dine outdoors. With a covered seating area, you can appeal to diners looking for indoor and outdoor seating.
- Opportunity to rent out the outdoor space – Having an extra, separate space outside allows you to rent it out to large groups for parties or events without disturbing your other guests. This can give you the chance to serve more of your customer’s interests and increase your revenue.
When you need a custom awning for your business or a wide canopy for your restaurant, there’s only one place to go — Universal Awning & Sign. We’ve designed and set up covered structures for stores, parks, office buildings, malls, restaurants, and more. Whatever the shape or size of the area you need shaded, we can make something that will do the job perfectly and with style. Call us today to learn more at 407-328-7781.