What Color Should I Get My Awning In?
Awnings can be as beautiful as they are functional. Since awnings can last for many years, you should pick a color or pattern that best complements your house or establishment. Here are some of the most popular awnings colors on the market for you to consider.
Top Long-Lasting Awning Colors
With awnings, dark colors tend to fade faster than light colors. Yellow, light blues, and greens resist fading from the sun better than darker hues. However, quality outdoor fabrics should last long enough without any fade in the color you choose.
Top Stain-Concealing Colors
No one wants to get their awnings cleaned more than necessary. Choosing colors like brown, green, and black, will conceal dirt, stains, and mildew better than lighter colors. However, any awning color will start to look dingy if it is not properly and regularly cleaned.
Current Colors of the Year
If you’re a trendsetter and want to choose an awning color according to what’s currently fashionable, 2021’s colors of the year include:
- Ultimate Gray
While they are both fashionable colors, they may not be good awning color choices if you are concerned about fading.
Awning Colors to Avoid
Awning colors should not clash with your home or business. Whether you are trying to attract customers or add curb appeal to your residence, here are a few color combos and tips to keep your property looking fresh:
- Don’t match the awning colors to your property. Use accent colors and patterns to make it more appealing.
- Unless they are in your business’ color scheme, don’t pair orange with black or red with green. These combinations are already claimed by popular holidays and may give the wrong impression.
- Reds and oranges fade much quicker than other colors.
Consider Color Psychology
The colors we see are highly influential. If you are trying to decide which awning colors are best for your business, then consider how the following colors affect human behavior.
- Red – The color red signals urgency for our minds and forces faster reaction, so it is best for restaurants and food establishment awnings.
- Blue – A cool and calming color, blue is best used for any health-related establishment.
- Green – Humans most associate the color green with nature. The purity and trust this color emits is best suited for vitamin and supplement shops, grocery stores, and craft supply shops.
Pick Your Favorite Awning Colors at Universal Awning & Sign
Universal Awning & Sign is Central Florida’s premier custom awning and sign manufacturers and installers. All of our creations are built to last in Florida’s harsh environment and will perform at a high level for years to come.
To learn more about our services and large variety of awning colors and styles, call us today at 407-328-7781.