The Benefits of Awnings for Mobile Homes
As a mobile homeowner, you have likely thought about enhancing your property. Whether your plans include adding a roof over, a porch, or any other construction, extending your mobile home can easily become complicated and expensive. However, there is an affordable solution to provide extra outdoor shade.
Awning installations are not only a simple and cost-effective way to upgrade your mobile home, but they also provide benefits beyond a cool and protected exterior. The following list covers some of the innumerable advantages that a mobile home awning installation can offer you.
6 Advantages of Mobile Home Awnings
- Create a New Recreational Space – Florida’s famous sunny skies are often hard to enjoy due to the year-long heat and humidity that accompanies them. A new mobile home awning can provide a shaded exterior space where you and your loved ones can indulge in the Sunshine State’s beautiful weather. Your brand-new covered exterior will keep you cool and protected from the occasional Florida showers, allowing you to enjoy fresh air even on stormy days.
- Protect Your Mobile Home – Florida’s tropical and subtropical weather makes the state one of the rainiest in the country. Mobile homes in Florida are more exposed to the mold and structural decay that rainwater damage may cause. Installing an awning can provide your mobile home with a protective layer that prevents rainwater from penetrating and rotting your property.
- Keep Your Family Safe – More important than your mobile home is your safety and that of your loved ones. On top of preventing the dangerous overgrowth of mold, awnings absorb 98% of UV rays from the sun. Your residential awning will create a sun-safe area for your family to enjoy the outdoors without having to worry about exposure to intense ultraviolet rays, which in excess can lead to sunburns and serious health concerns.
- Maintain a Fresh Interior – Not only will your new awning provide a cool exterior, but it will also maintain a comfortable temperature indoors. The new shade casted by your awning will prevent the sunlight from impacting your windows and heating your mobile home.
- Reduce Your Utility Bill – Once your newly installed awning begins to absorb the heat penetrating your windows, you will notice a difference in your monthly energy costs. It is estimated that awnings decrease solar heat gain by 65% on south-facing windows and 77% on west-facing windows during summer, drastically easing your air conditioning needs. Studies suggest that this will translate to a reduction between 10% to 69% in your mobile home’s electricity usage.
- Beautify Your Mobile Home – In addition to all the amenities an awning installation can offer, you should also consider its visual appeal. While saving you hundreds in energy usage and repair costs, the right awning could also completely reinvent your mobile home’s look. Awnings add a wonderful aesthetic supplement to your mobile home’s patio, window, or deck—making your mobile home look more sturdy, secure, and stylish.
Regardless of what type of awning you desire for your mobile home, Universal Awnings offers an extensive range of colors, fabrics, and models that will help you realize your favorite exterior look.
Your Local Provider of Mobile Home Awnings
At Universal Awning & Sign, our expert team is ready to accommodate your vision with a selection of over 175 long-lasting fabrics and a wealth of sturdy awning materials that will complement and protect your mobile home for years to come.
To learn more about our awning installation services, call us today at 407-328-7781.