What Is the Best Patio Cover for Rain?
Shaded patio covers can be very helpful in making your outdoor area more enjoyable, especially with all of the bugs, rain, and intense heat that affect Central Florida. While there are different ways to cover your patio, only one is best to protect you from rain and other unpredictable Florida weather. Here are some ways to cover your patio from least to most effective:
DIY Patio Cover Quick Fixes
If you are strapped for cash or in a pinch, these patio cover options may give you temporary relief from rain.
- Hang a Tarp – Securing a tarp to the corners of pillars can be a temporary method that gives off an easygoing and romantic look.
- Use landscaping/trees – Trees with moss hanging or lots of leaves can create shade and privacy, but not create shelter from rain and other weather.
- Make use of a balcony – If you have a balcony above a backyard space, it would be beneficial to take advantage of the spot and make your patio space directly underneath.
- Get partially shaded furniture – If you have a smaller space or want something more temporary, you can get furniture with built-in covers, such as a daybed with a pergola attached.
- Use an umbrella – If you’re looking for an extremely quick and temporary option, an umbrella would block the sun and cover you and your furniture during light rain.
More Sturdy Patio Cover Options
There are several more weather-proof patio cover options that can be professionally built and installed on your property. These include:
- Pavilions – A pavilion provides shade by having a roof above the patio but still allows light and air to come through the open sides.
- Pergolas – Pergolas provide an even combination of shade and sun and are one of the most popular deck/patio coverings for that reason.
- Straw Roofs – Adding a straw roof will give your space a tropical, resort-style feel while giving lots of shade and proof from the weather. It is important to look at the material first, to make sure it will hold up in weather conditions.
- Retractable Awnings – A retractable awning is the best way to protect your patio from rain, heat, and other intense weather conditions. The best provider of affordable, durable, long-lasting, and weather-proof retractable awnings in Central Florida is Universal Awning & Sign.
The Best Patio Cover for Rain in Central Florida
Universal Awning & Sign is Central Florida’s premier custom awning and sign manufacturer and installer. All of our retractable awnings are available in a variety of colors, built to last in Florida’s harsh environment, and will perform at a high level for years to come. To learn more about our services, call us today at 407-328-7781.