Maintenance Tips for Your Commercial Awning
Commercial awnings present many benefits to your company. For one, they create eye-catching storefronts with beautiful and intricate designs that showcase your brand with custom logos and lettering. These designs allow your customers to get a glimpse of your brand’s personality, products, and services and get them talking about your business before they even walk through the door. Your commercial awning is a reflection of your service, commitment, and quality — which is why you need to keep it in pristine condition. To do so, here are some maintenance tips for your commercial awning.
Steps to Clean Your Awning
Cleaning your commercial awning requires minimal work. In fact, awnings only need a deep cleanse once or twice a year. The following steps will help you to thoroughly clean your awning and return it to near-perfect condition.
- Brush – Clear any leaves, branches, or dirt from the awning before washing.
- Hose – Using a garden hose, spray away any excess rubble. Make sure not to use a power washer, as this will damage the fabric.
- Wash – Combine mild dish soap and water to scrub the surface. To remove tougher stains, add vinegar to the solution.
- Soak – Allow the solution to soak into the awning and thoroughly clean the fabric.
- Rinse – Rinse any traces of soap from the awning.
- Dry – Air-dry your awning to avoid excessive heat damage.
Keeping Your Awning Protected
Once you restore your awning to clean, bright, vibrant condition, keep it that way. If you decide to temporarily put your awning in storage, pack the fabric in a cotton bag and place the poles separately. Ensure the awning is stored in a dry, well-ventilated room, as moisture and weather elements can damage the fixture over time.
Depending on the type of fabric your awning is made from, your company may also consider using protective products such as seam sealers and slip sprays. Seam sealers are a waterproof solution that helps to prevent awning fabric from leaking. On the other hand, slip sprays reduce friction resistance with non-greasy slip and release spray options.
Enjoy Your Awning
Universal Awnings & Sign provides outstanding service and quality products for your business. We design and manufacture innovative awnings and commercial signs to illuminate your commercial environment, increase public identifiability, and brand your location. To learn more about our services, call us today at 407-328-7781.